Thursday, March 10, 2011

FTFT #6: "The Book of Tomorrow" by Cecelia Ahren

One of my favorite ways to find new books is to find an author I like and read everything they publish.   This is a hit or miss strategy, but one that has worked for me over the years.   This time I came across the latest book by Cecelia Ahren, the author of "P.S. I Love You" and several other books I have read over the years. 

"The Book of Tomorrow" was enjoyable and while I wanted to know what happens, I was more interested in getting through it and onto the next book.  The main character and I share a name, Tamara, which was highly disorienting.   Also, the main character was a 16-year-old girl who has some serious entitlement issues.  Throughout the story, she does journey through learning more about her history and learning to have a less narrow-minded view of the world.  This is all well and good, but I don't connect with characters who continually tell me that they are on a journey.   You are the main character of a book, I get it. 

My most favorite part of the book was the cover and binding.   And get this......   A ribbon bookmark!   That was fun.

Find it on Amazon!

No comments:

Post a Comment