Friday, September 10, 2010

Week 11: Adjusting to a new schedule hurts worse that 90 minutes of straight swimming

I love my job. I do. I really really do. You don't become a swim coach if you do not love it with all your heart and unequivocally believe in what you do. Or you shouldn't.

However, this is the most ill-advised job for someone with my specific condition. I am not a morning person.

I hate mornings. I hate going to bed early. I hate waking up early. I hate those first fews seconds right after the alarm goes off when my entire being screams, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" But morning practices come with the territory when you are a professional swim coach.

After the first week, my swim training has been suffering. I have been able to run and strength train, but i need to be in the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment