Monday, February 28, 2011

FTFT#3: "The Girl Who Played With Fire" by Steig Larsson

I think I will elaborate a little more on this one. 

I wasn't quite sure what to expect on this one, because I felt that they tied up Dragon Tattoo pretty neatly.  I have plenty of friends who have read all three books and proclaim their brilliance at every given chance, so I wasn't scared about this next one sucking.   I just didn't know where he would be taking us next. 

I was surprised to enjoy this book greatly, almost more than Dragon Tattoo.  I liked getting more of Lisbeth's history and being able to understand why she is the way she is.  I won't elaborate any more than that, so I don't risk spoilers.

When approaching this series, I didn't know what to expect other than the very little I have heard from others.  I think it would be helpful for future readers and for those wanting to see the movies to know the books original title.  The Swedish title of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" translates to "Men who Hate Women".  I wish I had know that going into this experience.  This fact doesn't detract from the book nor does it detract from the feel of shock and suspense, it just would have been good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment