Friday, January 7, 2011

2010: Lessons Learned

1: Blogging is hard.

2: Swimming is hard.

3: Running is hard.

4: Losing weight is hard.

5: Being a swim coach is always interesting.

I've achieved a lot in the last year, but not much that I think people would find interesting. I started 2010 saying that it was going to be the "Year of Tammy". Part of me thinks I accomplished that and the other part thinks that I utterly failed. The swimming, for example, I did solely for myself, but I did not accomplish my goal of swimming in a meet. I loved the blogging, but I eventually fell out of habit and thinking that I had nothing to say. I exercised like a demon this year and I still look the same. I was able to run two 5Ks this fall, but then I got bronchitis and now I can't run for more than 5 minutes with out stopping (on the treadmill!) My job was alternately wonderful and horrible. Literally something great would happen, and the next day the sky would fall down.

In 2011, I would like to actually achieve something.

There was a high point to the year. I did see one of my all-time dreams come true.










Yeah, that's right. I met Ian Crocker. Suck on that 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment