Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 3: What A Difference a Week Makes!

On my last post, I mentioned that I would be leaving down for a couple of days for a swim meet. I didn't think that I would be able to swim, but would try to get at least one or two workouts in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah that totally didn't happen.

Four hour drive, three 12+ hour days in the sun, and another 4 hour drive doesn't not bode well for me wanting to do anything but sleep. I didn't even get that much sleep. But I have a really awesome sunglasses tan and my hair is just a bit blonder than it was last week.

I finally got back into the water on Wednesday and pretty much floated up and down the pool for 30 minutes. I have completely lost my feel for the water! I struggled for months trying to feel strong and efficient in the water and a week takes that away? It took about 1200m for me to feel warmed up and then I had to get out and start my afternoon practices. I was a little discouraged, because I felt like I was stepping back in my training.

I got back into the water on Thursday, breaking my no-swimming-two-days-in-a-row rule, but knew it was necessary to getting back into the groove ASAP. The swimming did not feel any better, it actually felt worse. My arms were dead and I had no pop, no spark, nothing. I forced about 1300m and got out. I did redeem myself later that afternoon in spinning. On Thursday afternoons, I do a spin/indoor cycling class for my Senior swimmers. This week, I let one of the girls run the class, so I was just along for the ride. I felt sluggish, but pushed through to get a really great sweat.

Today is a mystery. I don't know what it will bring. I'm hoping to get some more land workouts this weekend and praying that the swimming will feel better next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment