Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Week 7: Setting New Goals Before I Accomplish the First

My Summer-concluding official, "this-one-totally-counts" 5K swim will be swum on August 28th at 7am. The Masters team from the Twin Rivers YMCA in New Bern will be driving up to join me. There will be about nine of us swimming and at least two of the group will be swimming the 10K, because they swam the 5K earlier in the summer. That 10K is a maybe distance possibility for next summer, but lets get me through 2010 alive first.

In addition to my scheduled 5K, I am being pressured by my swimmers and CEO to participate in the Pier-2-Pier at Wrightsville Beach. This is a 1.71 mile ocean swim. Yay!

I also made the mistake of challenging one of my triathlon team members. I have been working with Chris on her swimming for a good part of the last year. While she has done several by herself, none of them have been open water for as long a distance of our sprint. I told her that this would be the last time I do this for her. Next year, she has to complete this sprint tri all on her own. Of course she spun on her heel and said sweetly, "Ok, but you have to as well."

Insert Foot Into Mouth. At least that will give me more humiliating training stories to share for the next 12 months.

2 comments:

  1. When is the swim in Wrightville? If you let me know I will drive down and cheer you on!!! "the other half of your brain"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! It's on September 18th. You can read about it here: http://www.pier-2-pier.com/

    ReplyDelete