Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 9: Major Milestone

Back in April when I decided to start training again, I made a commitment and became an actual member of United States Masters Swimming, or USMS. With this membership came all sorts of nifty things. My most favorite which is my very own flog. Flog, is fitness log. It is a calendar where I can log my fitness activities. There are many different options: cycling, spinning, running, weightlifting, yoga, etc. You choose the activities, enter a time and/or distance and it puts in on a calendar and also keeps running totals for the month for each activity. That is how I could very accurately recall all the workouts I have done in the past 9 days in my previous post.

The main focus is, of course swimming. There is also a little mini-challenge program called "Go the Distance". It asks you to set goals for the year and tracks your progress toward achieving them. It tracks the total mileage for the year and tells you how many miles you need to swim to achieve your goal, your percentage achieved, and most heartbreakingly, the pace you need to swim to achieve your goal by the end of the year. Back in April, a naive Tammy randomly entered 100 miles for her goal for 2010. My flog page has said" You'll need to pick up the pace to achieve your goal this year", and then the number of miles I should have already swum to achieve my 100 miles, since I started the damn thing. Motivating in a "Come on Lard-Ass! Can't you swim a couple more miles today? How hard can it be?" kinda way.

Today I noticed a new message. It said, "Most recent milestone achievement: 50 miles on 08/23." From April 11th through August 23rd, I swam 50 miles.

Me. I swam 50 miles.


Well, as of today it is 53.06.



Not bad for a Lard-Ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment