Thursday, August 26, 2010

Week 9: Bad Tammy...Good Tammy

Bad Tammy- I've been a bad blogger.

Good Tammy - I've been great about working out!

My swim team has been on break for the last two weeks. That means vacation for me! Ok, not really. I could have taken some vacation time, but I went to Jersey earlier in the summer and I will be going to Debs and the Captain's wedding in NY State next weekend. So I have been working getting ready for the new season. I have been mighty productive. I feel prepared to start the season. More important than that, I have been working out like a fiend. With no practices to coach, I have been taking all of the exercise classes I cannot because they happen when I am on the pool deck. In the past 9 days, I have swum 9200 meters, run 2.14 miles, done two yoga classes, four 60 min cycle classes, 60 minutes on the Elliptical, and one water aerobics class. And two of those days were rest days where I did nothing.

My 5K is on Saturday, so I am trying valiantly to rest. I did my final 1000 test last Friday and I was really disappointed. My splits were as follows:
1:38.5
1:47.9
1:48.8
1:50.4
1:51.0
1:52.4
1:50.3
1:52.3
1:52.0
1:46.2
For a final time of 18:10.3. Sad Tammy.

So I have a couple of theories of why this was not good.

1: The day before I swam a early morning 600 to warm-up and loosen up, did an 60-min cycle class, and then ran 2.14 miles that night. I was so sore and tired Friday morning and definitely not recovered.

2: I did flip turns. I don't normally do flip turns. It messes up my groove. Please don't judge. I have just felt that I can swim farther and faster with out the flips. Now that I feel that my conditioning and feel is a whole lot better, I have started doing more and more flip turns during my swims. I really think that slowed me down a bit.

So I am not sure what is going to happen Saturday morning. Even though I haven't put in the yardage in the water that I wanted, I know that I am in much much better shape than I was in at the beginning of June.

Here's hoping for the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment